Tuesday, April 15, 2014

That Castle Kind of Life

Transition- the process or a period of changing from one state or condition to another.

Right now, I'm currently undergoing a period of transition.  This really is a year of growth and change.  I'm so ready for the new!  Believe me, change isn't always easy but if you never evolve, you always stay the same. And do you really want to look back 5 years from now and see the same version?  Changes can be tough because sometimes you have to let go of unhealthy habits/situations but in the end I definitely think it's worth it.  We all enter a phase in life where we seek clarity, purpose, and foundation in our lives, whether it's with goals, jobs, friendships, or love. 

Let me focus on the love side of things for a minute.  I've been watching one of my favorite YouTube vloggers, Naptural85, and I love the relationship she and her husband have.  They're both young (I'm pretty sure I'm around the same age as them) and have a beautiful daughter but what I love about their dynamic the most is that it's rooted in love.  Yes, this is turning into a relationship post.  I guess it's been on my mind lately!  Friendship has to be the core of any relationship but love and trust (transparency) are the other critical parts as well.  In anything we do, there's gotta be a foundation.  Sand castles are fun but are temporary and get knocked down so easily whereas a castle made of bricks will withstand the stormy weather and is lasting. Everyone is down to help you play with sand, only a select few want to lay down bricks with you.  Remember! The word commitment is scary to some but to me it just means having loyalty and focus and going from there.  Commitment shouldn't mean lockdown!  It's not prison, it should be something you actually want :-)  Looking back, I can see where I was in situations that were bricks and sand or even just straight up sand.  However, the wisdom that I've gained only encourages me that I will build the castle that I'm dreaming of.  All of that comes in time and, as is a theme in many of these posts, you just have to be ready.  You can't be pressured into it and in retrospect I've felt pressure and  possibly even applied the pressure in the past.  Where is this post going? LOL. I'm bringing it back! 


Speaking of castles, here I am in Carcassonne, France.  The castle I'm in front of dates back to Medieval times!
The point of today's post is that life is all about transition and timing.   Everything in its right place and time. I look back on many parts of life and see where perhaps things were just not meant to be even despite my best efforts and deepest dedication.  And that's OK.  Sometimes you don't know what you've got until it's gone and sometimes you don't know how you'll grow until you move on!  Let it go.  It's all about embracing the journey and living with love, integrity, and honesty.  When there are no questions about your intentions, the answers are always clear.  That applies to all areas of our lives.  Stay positive!


Evolve by Mya- I love this song!

No comments:

Post a Comment