Sunday, April 13, 2014

Happy30: Weekend round up- Taste of summer

Another weekend is winding down and this one was pretty low-key and relaxing.  Our region experienced beautiful weather and provided a taste of summer.  I was able to go out today without a jacket and in short sleeves.  While I normally would think "slow down, summer!", I am just so over all cold weather that the warm blast felt good.  Plus there were nice breezes that kept the temperatures in check.

This weekend included some time in nature, family conversations, vision board planning, and healthy grocery shopping.  While that may not sound like much, it was perhaps just what I needed.  Here's why:

Sometimes it's really nice to just go outside and just take in the fresh air and soak in the sun.  Especially before all the pollen hits!  I enjoyed a bit of fitness, reading, listening to music, and writing.  I'm so full of creative energy right now that I can't wait to turn some of these daydreams into realities.  Beyond just my own aspirations, more than ever, I just feel ready for more positive experiences.  I know that I possess the qualities to be a great friend, partner, and mother and I look forward to all of that and just finding my way.  Just as the sun shines and the wind blows, so shall I flourish and grow.  Just being outside in the stillness and activity of it all did (and does) wonders for my spirit.  Highly encourage you all to just take some time for yourself and breathe and truly free your mind.

I will admit that I've been slightly off my fitness/healthy game recently.  While I managed to eat fairly well during my recent trip abroad (I realize I still haven't blogged about that yet- it's coming) and even on my initial return, I've fallen a bit off track of the diligent eating plan and fitness schedule I was on prior to the trip.  Well no more!  Spring and summer are the best times to be active, have fun times, and reconnect/meet new people and I want to be at my optimal.  That doesn't mean just looking good in all my spring/summer fashions but also maintaining that confidence that goes from the inside.  Always remember, everyone backtracks a little but don't let a few mistakes ruin all your progress.  You can recover and rebound if you just renew your focus and do it.  A healthy lifestyle is a journey with ups and downs not a temporal thing so recognize your mistakes, learn, devise a plan and just do it.  Good luck!  We got this!

Wishing you all a wonderful and positive new week.  Much love!

 
Speaking of nature, check out one of my favorite Disney soundtrack songs ... "Colors of the Wind" performed by the beautiful Vanessa Williams! Can't believe this song is almost 20 years old.  Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment