Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Tunes Tuesday: Teedra Moses- Complex Simplicity

It's been awhile since I've written a music-related post.  Certainly not due to a lack of good tunes!  While I am STILL loving "Happy" by Pharrell, I won't keep posting it.  You're welcome :-)  I have so many songs on my mind and had the chance to reminisce on some '90s goodness while I was on travel last month.  However, the 2000's had some good music and so I decided to flash back 10 years to the year 2004.  Remember that year?  That was a good year in music, especially in the R&B/Pop (or rhythmic pop) genre.  It was the year of Usher's Confessions and Alicia Keys'  Diary of Alicia Keys album among others.  Seriously?!  "Yeah" by Usher was 10 years ago?!  In the midst of all that, one artist who went under the radar (travesty!) was Ms. Teedra Moses aka the Young Lioness and she crafted one of the smoothest Contemporary R&B albums I've heard called Complex Simplicity. Here are some of my favorite tracks from that album:

"You'll Never Find (A Better Woman)" featuring JadaKiss


"You won't find a better woman...or a bigger fool." Oh Teedra! This song is the TRUTH!  If only I could record this.  LOL.  I think everyone has been there at some point, especially the ladies. One person feels under appreciated yet hangs on hoping that the person they care for will come to their senses and change.   Hoping that you're that great woman he appreciates or realizing you're the biggest fool for not moving on.  Even if you're not even listening to the lyrics that deeply, it's just got that good flow.  Listen!


"For a Lifetime"

"Even in the hard times
Even when it's going down
You're gonna find someone's riding with you
You don't have to be alone
You just gotta hold on
You're gonna find true love.."


This song!!! This is my go-to getting over a broken heart song.  Sometimes when a relationship ends, it's easy to feel down and out as though you'll never be loved.  But the key to remember is that it's not our life's love story that has ended, rather just one chapter.  Just because one person may not have appreciated you doesn't mean no one else will.  Think about it, how many people are on earth?  Billions!  Maybe more but I'm not a statistician. It means there are more opportunities to find love.  Just never give up.  Don't take it from me, though.  Teedra sings it best!



Like these songs?  Check out Teedra's 2004 classic Complex Simplicity and follow her on her social media sites:
Twitter: @TeedraMoses
Facebook: Teedra Moses

A few more:
"Last Day"
 
"Caught Up"
 
"Complex Simplicity"

No comments:

Post a Comment