Thursday, April 10, 2014

Happy30: Sentiments and Shakes!

I fell behind on my Happy30 posting again.  Grr!  I talked about my post but didn't actually write it.  So here it is for April 9 and 10 respectively...

Wednesday, April 9:

I believe that happiness and joy can come from all sources, including when it's derived from an emotional space.  First, I love YouTuber Naptural85's hair and life vlogs.  Both are so helpful to me, especially as I'm managing my hair and just trying to enjoy life.  I was watching a few from both channels when I came across one that really touched my heart.  It was titled "Overcoming Inner Struggles" and I had a feeling that I would relate before even watching.  I'll save my own story for another blog posting but I've definitely had my share of low self-confidence moments and general fears.  Anyway, what touched me the most was the question that was asked.  I'll let you watch (watch the video below) but it had something to do with how to love yourself more.  Floodgates!  So I know you're wondering how is that a smile/happy moment?  Well, Whitney's (Naptural85) reply echoed similar feelings that I also experienced.  It may seem like you're the only one going through something but trust me you're never alone. Everybody is insecure about something or has fears because we're all human. Whether they show it or not. Trust me.   So through the metaphorical tears of looking back at that time in my life and seeing my own growth on this journey came the smile moment of the day!  

This lady truly rocks!  Her channels are awesome! She's Naptural 85 on YouTube!


Thursday, April 10:

Today's smile-worthy moment came in the form of friendship and food!  Can't go wrong with that combo, right?  Anyway, I had no plans after work today other than to perhaps do some laundry.  Fun times, I know.  A friend of mine was in the neighborhood and we decided to link up.  We sat outside soaking in the springtime sunshine and just having lots of conversation.  We can talk about *almost* everything, LOL and it was just fun.  I love planned outings but sometimes literally just getting together and spending some quality time without any special guidelines is cool too.  It's the spontaneity of life!  Friend wanted a snack so we hit up a cupcake shop for a specific flavor that they supposedly have daily but did not.  In fact, they didn't have much variety at all.  Mission fail!  I feel like that is a Yelp-worthy review but I digress.  So we brainstormed on more treat ideas.  Cookies?  Good idea but where you can buy a fresh baked one?  Frozen yogurt? I'm always down for it (especially Pinkberry) but Friend wasn't.  Shakes?  Hmm, interesting.  That was Friend's suggestion and it was a lightbulb moment.  I knew the perfect place in our vicinity!  After an odd delay, it was milkshakes and fries on deck.  Yum!  Maybe the best in our city?  Perhaps.  I need more visits to confirm :-)  More cool convos and then we parted ways.  Definitely a beautiful way to end my Thursday!  Clearly I should've Instagrammed my treats but we kinda just dug in.  Next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment