Thursday, April 24, 2014

Good morning!

Photo Credit: www.godominicanrepublic.com

Good morning!  It's Thursday, April 24th and I am feeling good.  No, I'm NOT in the beautiful Dominican Republic as in the photo above.  Though I would certainly love to be!  It's a good morning because I'm alive and well.  Have you ever noticed how easy to start the day off poorly?  A bad commute to work, running late, disheartening stories on the news, disagreements or disappointments from the day before, you name it.  What if we flipped that and thought about all the reasons it's a GOOD morning?  First, you woke up.  Second, you're reading this blog.  It's okay, you can admit that you enjoy it.  Ha!  Anyway, when we begin the day with a grateful and thankful heart, it sets the tone for a nice day.

So, I'll get us started.  Things that made me happy so far (it's still early where I am):
  • Waking up
  • Sunny and seasonal weather day
  • Seeing a family member excited because it's their birthday
  • A delay-free and safe commute
  • My growing ability to be confident and not let other people's opinions define my fashion style
  • Calm day at work which will yield productivity
  • Lack of stress and tension

If you'll notice, most of my list includes emotions and "little things".  When we take the time to be thankful and happy daily, it contributes to overall outlook.  Of course, there will be tough and hard days but if you can find just a moment to reflect on what's going right, you will be on the right track! So, think about it.  What things have made you happy today?

And with that...I wish you all a GOOD MORNING and a beautiful day!



No comments:

Post a Comment