Sunday, February 2, 2014

So I'm writing this while...


So I'm actually writing this blog post during the Superbowl. Crazy!  For an NFL fan, this is game is literally painful to watch.  Coming into this particular game, I was pretty disinterested as I'm not a fan of the Seattle Seahawks or the Denver Broncos (Baltimore Ravens for life!) but hey, it's the Superbowl and you have to cheer for a team.  So I chose the Broncos because I think Peyton's a great guy and athlete and I'd have loved to see him get championship ring # 2 and be the first to do so with two different teams.  Well as I'm writing, the score is 36-7 at the end of the 3rd quarter.  I want to hold out hope that the Broncos can make this competitive.  After all, anything is possible but man, oh man, they're going to need to WORK.


 As for the other part of the Superbowl event, the halftime show and commercials, I was absolutely impressed by Bruno Mars and his whole set.  With so many viewers of this game, it's refreshing to see an entertaining set that's clean and actually just fun.  Bruno's vocals, band, and artistry were on point. I was jamming to my favorite song "Treasure" and was so touched when he performed "Just the Way You Are" in dedication to military personnel and their loved ones.   To quote the kids, HE DID THAT!  He held his own without needing the Red Hot Chili Peppers, like some doubters thought.  True artist!  The commercials, on the other hand, are pretty lackluster.  To be fair, I typically tune out of commercials anyway but I just don't find these that interesting.  Combined with this game, you can see why I'm writing blogs instead of being enthusiastic about the game.

Now that the Superbowl is here (and basically gone)...bring on Brazil and the World Cup!!!  Granted some Superbowl games have been very entertaining (ahem, last year when the Baltimore Ravens took care of business and won) but absolutely nothing compares to seeing athletes represent their country. That's why I also love the Olympics!  Besides, soccer is just so beautiful to watch.  If you don't believe me, just wait until the World Cup comes on.  You'll see :-)  I'll write a future post breaking it all down, sharing my favorite teams, and predictions. 

Update (last one because I'm signing off of this blog and this game), the score is 43-8.  Most lopsided Superbowl score in history?  Maybe not, but I'd say it's getting close. 

Oh well, you win some, you lose some.  I'm going to get ready for the week... I'll be back soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment