Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Get Up!

Hey guys! It’s been a busy time within this past week. I attended my first professional seminar for work. It was a really awesome experience. I’ve done some development things in my professional life but never directly related to a field that I’m working in. The seminar was classroom format, the duration was for 2 days and the location was off-site (though only a train ride away) and I’d say it was just the change of pace I needed to get me recharged and even more enthusiastic with this field. I actually enjoyed the academic vibe, furiously taking notes and just being a student again.  Sometimes, in addition to receiving knowledge and guidance, we just need that affirmation that we’re doing something right. Mentoring can come in many ways, from someone well-seasoned or from your peers. I had the pleasure of both. Experience gives way to wisdom and we’re all living and on a journey. Identify the positive and sincere people in your life and embrace them! Learn from them! I strongly encourage everyone to seek out development opportunities, both professionally and personally, even if you’re not quite where you’d like to be. We all have potential to be great and no matter what age, learning and gaining new skills is key to that. You’ve got to go for what you want and I believe you can do so with integrity! And with networking and support. “So get up, don’t sit back…”

Below is one of my favorite, up-tempo encouragement songs (it includes the lyric I quoted above). Listen closely. Enjoy!
 
 

Go forth and be inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment