Saturday, February 15, 2014

Saturday Night Vibes

So it's Saturday night and I'm not at a lounge or a club!  Now, if you know me, that's totally NOT a surprise.  Haha, you could say I'm more of the low-key, just chill type.  While that is my general vibe, it's also winter.  Somehow getting dolled up just seems easier when it's warmer.  Plus I just love daylight, so spring and summer tend to be the times when I'm game for more of the evening/night-ish life.  But I can't be the only one right?  I feel like social media is deceptive (well actually it's completely deceptive) because people only tend to post when they're shining or having a really great time.  At least that's my approach and those of my friends/followers/etc on these networks.  My guess is there are more people actually just relaxing and staying IN versus going out.  Just a hunch!  Now, I know many of my connects are married or parents now, so there isn't really that desire to party like before.  But what about the single peeps like me?  Am I the only one in relax mode?
 
Well, even if I am, it's fine by me.  Last year, I started reading "Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass" by Mandy Hale and it's been eye-opening.  Known as "The Single Woman", Hale's book is such a well-crafted message about self-love.  A lot of single-girl books tend to try to give you tips on how to get a new guy or even straight up male bash.  Not this book!  It's totally about loving and improving yourself and NOT worrying about finding the next guy/future boyfriend/husband, etc. and I dig that 100%.  As I mentioned, I am single and it's not a negative.  You need to love and appreciate your own company before anyone else will.  A guy doesn't define me anymore than a job or a car or any material possession would.  I'm all about that self-loving, happy and healthy life!  I strongly encourage all women to read it since getting over breakups (even if you initiated it) are tough.  There's light at the end of the tunnel and just like your story isn't defined by a relationship, that's not the end either.
 
So how am I feeling?  Great!  I've been working on that healthier me.  I've been eating better (no chocolate, pity party binges over here), working out (the best way to clear your head), taking up new interests (studying French almost daily now!) and most importantly, being more positive and loving the things that make me...ME!  Just because people don't see your bright qualities doesn't mean they don't exist.  Duh!  So, shine bright for you!  This is not about karma or making somebody regret what they lost by not cherishing you.  Their loss is YOUR gain for the future and as my girl Natasha Bedingfield so beautifully sings "the rest is still unwritten."  So chin up and if you're flying solo at home on this Saturday, rest assured, you're not the only one! 
 
Natasha Bedingfield- Single (from the album "Unwritten")
 
P.S.  If you're liking what you're reading or have any feedback, comments are welcome :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment