Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The struggle, the progress

Transformation Tuesday!

“Without a struggle, there can be no progress.”  - Frederick Douglass

I saw this quote on Instagram this morning and thought about how applicable it really is to our lives.  In anything that you wish to move upward to, a career, better health, etc., it often takes a bit of struggle, rejection, extra perseverance or all of the above.  For this post, the way this quote relates is on my healthy makeover journey.

So as I told you previously, this year is the year of difference.  I’m finally ready to be truly confident and let my voice be heard!  One way is to improve my health and also get more fit.  I’m encouraged because I’m already seeing the progress!  I’ve shed a few pounds, my clothes fit differently, I have more energy, my attitude and outlook have improved dramatically.  I can also feel the abs and oblique muscles taking shape and that definitely makes me happy!  Even if no one else sees it *YET*, I see it and that’s certainly motivation for me to keep going.  So OK, that’s the progress.  What’s the struggle, you ask?  Those darn jump lunges, burpees, high knees, and squat jumps, to name a few! LOL  Clearly I’ve still not made complete peace with those just yet.  I’m getting better at pushing my body through these training sessions but let me tell you, it’s not easy.  When those muscles start burning and my mind realizes that there’s only 15 more seconds or only 10 more reps to go, it seems like I falter.  But will I give up?  Absolutely not!  Because no struggle, no progress.  

No matter what you’re pushing through, just know that the struggle means you’re getting that much closer to your goal.  Stay motivated and affirm that YOU CAN DO THIS! 


No comments:

Post a Comment