Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Tunes Tuesday: Smooth Flow

Hey guys!  Warm weather is here and so are the smooth flow jams.  I just wanted to spotlight three tunes that have gotten my attention:

First up is a recently released track from one of my all-time favorite artists, Michael Jackson.  MJ is one of the few who defined the word artist.  It's still hard to believe he's gone as his legacy and influence is still so dominant. Anyway, this track was recorded in 1983 before Ms. Resilient was born :-)  I love everything about it.  The classic rhythmic groove and the lyrics are just lovely.  "Love Never Felt So Good" ... Indeed, Michael, indeed! The King of Pop reigns!



Next is a new track that I've heard recently on Urban Adult Contemporary radio.  It's by a relatively new artist who goes by the name of Mali Music.  The song is called "Beautiful".  I would love to hear this song performed live.  Perfect chill (or date) song.  Enjoy!



Finally, I've already professed my love for "All of Me" by John Legend.  But honestly, I STILL love it.  I think this is one of the sweetest, most sincere professions of love I've ever heard.  Every day, I feel I'm getting closer to reaching love like this.  Yes, I'm a romantic optimist. :-)  Anyway, there are many cover versions of this song but one that I really became endeared to is by Josh Kaufman, a current contestant on NBC's show The Voice.  Josh is married and has a family and while he's pursuing his dream of being a recording artist, it's gotta be tough being away from them.  He was spot on with the sentiment of this incredible song.  Check out Josh's cover version below:



P.S.  I NEED to see John Legend live.  Like seriously!  I'd jet abroad to see his show.  He's an incredible artist.  I love his music but this song is MY SONG!  "You're my end and my beginning, even when I lose I'm winning." ...ah one day, one day.  I love LOVE in case you couldn't tell.

So if I'm vibing on a grassy lawn this season, I'm most likely listening to these tracks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment