Monday, May 5, 2014

On My Way


Happy Monday!  Happy Cinco de Mayo!

I woke up this morning feeling very good.  I’m just off the cusp of a good weekend filled with culture, a wedding, unexpected reunions and smoothies!  I’ll write more about the culture aspect in a post later today.  Double posting, what what!  All in all, a great weekend.
 
So today is Cinco de Mayo.  I’ll admit that I never knew the background of Cinco de Mayo.  It’s pretty interesting, here’s a brief synopsis of what I found (per Wikipedia but you can Google for more):

“It originated with Mexican-American communities in the American West as a way to commemorate the cause of freedom and democracy during the first years of the American Civil War,[8][9] and today the date is observed in the United States as a celebration of Mexican heritage and pride.”

Pretty cool, right?  I'm a supporter of embracing cultural diversity throughout the year, so today is a start but keep it going!

Anyway, when I commute to work, I like to listen to music and often I just groove along to whatever my player decides.  Today, one song really stood out to me.  It’s called “On My Way” by the very underrated (but surely appreciated), Res.  I’ve been using this song as a personal anthem for years but sometimes when you are going through transition or phases, songs can resonate more than ever.  This song is all about not comparing yourself and how you can pull through when life presents tough moments.  With hard work and perseverance, you can begin to make your aspirations come true.  See what I mean about the message being on time?  "If I fall, if I stall and if I crawl 'cause I wanna go, it's okay, I'm ON MY WAY"  YES!

Love this acoustic version.  It's the way to go!


Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment