Sunday, May 11, 2014

If At First You Don't Succeed...

Hello my friends!  Bonjour les amis!  Hola/Olá amigos!  I think I covered all of the languages I have knowledge of :-)

First, Happy Mother's Day to all of the loving and nurturing moms out there!  Even without being a mom, I know it has it's challenging moments and today (and everyday) I hope you all feel loved and appreciated.  Much love!

Second, it's been awhile since my last in-depth post but I'm happy to say that things are good with me overall.  It's Sunday and I'm already prepared for tomorrow and the work week to commence.  The weekend contained nice weather and I saw a really interesting (and good) movie, which I will write a brief review of later. Definitely was a cool conversation piece and I hope that it gets recognized during the next film award season. 

So, why the title of this post?  Well, I will shamefully admit that I've been off my game recently.  If you've read my previous posts, particularly the ones near the start of the year, I was totally on a fitness high.  I was working out very regularly and eating well, specifically avoiding fast food, processed sugars, chocolate and other food vices.  Well, fast forward to now and I'm just a little bit out of control.  I've allowed myself to eat junk food at work (the communal kitchen can be dangerous!) and worse yet I've been indulging in gelato, ice cream and homemade milkshakes (not all at once).  I've been making all fruit/spinach smoothies but in the last couple of days deviated to unhealthy ice cream arena.  Somebody stop this rollercoaster!

Wait a minute, I have the power to stop this rollercoaster.  It's easy in life to spiral off course or full blown lose control and feel like it's the end.  Nope, it doesn't have to be.  I'm not proud of my recent indulgences but I recognize that I'm human and therefore liable to make mistakes.  But that doesn't have to be the end.  I can declare that today is the day that I stop playing and pull it back together!  Maybe that means increasing my water intake or surrounding myself with fruit/veggies and and staying away from the kitchen.  Taking a walk when I'm feeling stressed.  Creating a workout schedule and committing to it full throttle.  Whenever you find yourself slipping, think about what made you successful in the first place.  What steps did you take?  What was your attitude?  It's never too late and to quote a line from one of my favorite songs by the late, great Aaliyah...

"...if at first you don't succeed, dust yourself off and try again."

And with that, have a wonderful week.  I'm off to strategize!

No comments:

Post a Comment