Monday, March 24, 2014

Breakaway



"If you don't like something, change it.  If you can't change it, change your attitude." -Maya Angelou

As I continue to grow and get older in life, I’ve been feeling this feeling that I just want to do more.  I’m realizing more of my passions- world travel, fitness, and writing but I want to do more than fulfill my own life’s pleasure.  I have many talents (and this is not a statement out of conceit- rather confidence in and thankfulness for the abilities God has given) and I want to use those to help and uplift others in a more direct way.  But even when you have a vision, the opportunity is not always there.  What if you want to live a life of simplicity but the complexities of life won't let you?  What do you do during those times?  Well for me, it’s prayer for not only the opportunity to come but also the wisdom to recognize it and make smart decisions.  It’s also patience and optimism even when I feel like I want to give up.  Believe me, it’s not easy, as I’m currently going through this phase in a couple areas of my life now. As I type.  But what helps me is to think about what complaining does versus what being hopeful does.  Complaining brings about stress which leads to a host of health issues and a general negative outlook.  Being hopeful, on the other hand, allows you to go through life appreciating the good things that ARE happening and feeling a bit more inspired.

So to follow Ms. Angelou’s wise words, today I choose a positive attitude even in the moments where I feel like walking away and giving up on certain situations.  Despite the fact that I can't instantly change the aspects that are frustrating.  Every day may not be perfect but every moment that we are alive and able to is.  Remember that! :-)

As a pick me up, I continually jam out to Pharrell’s “Happy” video.  If you're a regular reader, I hope you're not tired of it :-)  Here’s one of my favorite global versions of this amazing song from one of my favorite cities: PARIS! Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment