Thursday, March 20, 2014

Spring + Happiness Day

Hello!  It's been awhile since my last post because I was away.  Where, you ask?  Why only Barcelona and the French Riviera!  More on that in future postings.  For now, I want to focus on today- March 20.  A truly epic day.  First (and foremost), it is the Vernal Equinox also known as spring.  Whether you love springtime or were just turned off by winter, today was a welcome change for everyone!  In my city, it was sunny and mild, a nice touch to the changing of the seasons.  I know there's a cold blast with snow in the forecast but I refuse to think about it.  Must. only. focus. on. sunshine.  I'm just excited that days have begun getting longer, brighter colors, flowers in bloom and no longer needing heavy wool overcoats.

The second reason March 20 was so awesome was that it was International Happiness Day #happyday 2014!  Now I was already excited because of the nice weather for spring's introduction and the fact that the NCAA March Madness tournament got underway.  But a dedicated day to happiness?  Awesome!  Besides jamming to Pharrell's "Happy" on repeat (I swear that should be a global theme song), I decided to reflect on the great opportunities I've had recently as well as the dreams of the future.  I feel happy when I workout or dance, when I travel, and when I can have good times with family and friends.  A simple list but the best things in life don't have a price tag.  The key is to just enjoy what you have.  Aspirations and goals are great but you've gotta just release, breathe and embrace.  Sure those things won't pay the bills but they sure will improve your quality of life :-)

Do you like spring?  What are your favorite activities during this season?  What makes you feel happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment