Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The River Flows...Does Your Spirit?

Today, I went on a guided tour of a historic local river. As I floated by, the tranquility and beauty of wildlife creatures in their habitat was astounding. However, when I took my eyes off of the movement and existence of the herring on a marsh or the fish and turtles within the river, I suddenly became sad and angry. You see, the river is not a beautiful, clear blue as you normally think of rivers. Instead, it was a murky, brownish color. This is not the result of nature wrongdoing, it is the result of human abuse. As I sailed along the river, I saw fish and I also saw plastic bottles. What a disgusting mix and destruction of THEIR habitat.

This got me thinking. How many times do we left other humans or situations disrupt our habitat? We are who we are and our flaws make us unique. Unlike creatures of the land and sea, we can control what negativity we allow into our lives. Yes, we all have down days (I've had one which has prompted me to write this evening) where we self-deprecate but to let other people do it? That will not do! We can all take a lesson from natural wildlife to survive in the midst of ugly situations. We have more power and free will over our lives, so exercise it!

Do not let others steal your joy or your confidence. If somebody can't build you up, then they are tearing you down. Don't be afraid to cut people back because you DESERVE to have the best people in your corner. Remember: "When we seek to discover the best in others, we somehow bring out the best in ourselves." -William Arthur Ward

Great website for positive thinking: http://www.livingwordsofwisdom.com/dont-let-anyone-steal-your.html

No comments:

Post a Comment