Sunday, June 1, 2014

It's About that Time...

June 1st.

Can you believe it?  This calendar year is truly moving so quickly.  Spring is winding down and giving way to summer, which gives way to so much. Additional travel *might* be in store. The 2014 FIFA World Cup will commence in  under 2 weeks!!!  If you couldn't tell by the multiple exclamations, I am excited.  I've already got my watching schedule and watching buddies lined up. Yes, it's that serious!  I've been watching as many international friendly matches as I can and boy, has it been awesome!  I'm even watching a match as I type.  It's Honduras v. Israel if you're curious.  :-)

Anyway, as I welcome all the new events and experiments for June and the next season, I reflect on the experiences of May.  The latter part of the month really tried my patience and perseverance.  I had to close some chapters (which ultimately will give way to new ones) and endure some inner strength tests (which I'm still working through).  All in all, the low points of the month have given me renewed energy to not only survive but thrive as I move forward with my life.   Every trial and tear has given me insight and the courage to keep rising.  Decisions to walk away from situations/people/etc can be tough but it's much tougher to remain in unhealthy and negative situations that stifle your growth and happiness.  It's important to remember that everything that's lost is not always a loss.  Turning the page and removing elements that you've outgrown or are negative can give way to the best moments of your life. Change can definitely be a good thing! I can't wait to share more as the journey unfolds. 

Blog posts that you can expect:
  • World Cup musings (before and during the competition)
  • Summer fun (ideas and event recaps)
  • Life & Style
  • Travel recap (I am soooo overdue but it's coming)
...and more. So stay tuned!

~Much love~

No comments:

Post a Comment