Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Tunes Tuesday: Strunz and Farah

Happy Tuesday!

Strunz & Farah

You know what that means right?  It's time for another installment of Tunes Tuesday!  I've been really feeling the travel bug lately, which is unsurprising because in the last 6 months, I've gone abroad twice (December and March).  This means I should be going again this month, right?!  If only! LOL

Since I can't do that, the next best things are cuisine, good beverages, and music.  Music fuels my soul!  It's been a hectic time at work and for my daily escape, I like to plug in and energize with Pandora.  I like a diverse set of music but for the moments requiring concentration and calm, I turn to my jazz stations.  Marc Antoine, Wayman Tisdale, Peter White are all staples and a few months back, I discovered an excellent jazz guitarist duo by the name of Strunz and Farah.  Now even though I'm years late in my discovery, Strunz and Farah have been making beautiful music for DECADES!  Jorge Strunz hails from Costa Rica and Ardeshir Farah hails from Iran. Latin America meets the Middle East.  A really diverse blend, right? Does that make me an instant fan? Yes and yes!  We, as listeners, definitely benefit from their backgrounds. Don't believe me?  Watch and listen to the musical majesty for yourself:


   

I absolutely adore this song! 


 
I would love to see these artists play live!  Where there is a will and a way, there lies success :-)  Until then, thank you to Strunz & Farah for the beautiful music and to the uploaders of YouTube for the videos!

Learn more about Strunz & Farah:


No comments:

Post a Comment