Monday, January 27, 2014

The Challenge is ON!

 
I wouldn’t describe myself as competitive by nature but when a positive challenge is presented, please believe I will go for it. By positive challenge, I mean tackling a new project (with some degree of difficulty) that will present a beneficial and healthy impact on my life. With that said, I’m taking on the challenge to better my overall health. Back in late December, I started up with a new nutrition and fitness regimen. That’s right, I did NOT wait until January 1st to take this approach. LOL. So what is the approach? I amped up my workout regimen and seriously evaluated and modified my diet. For me, it’s some parts weight loss, some parts toning, some parts looking amaz and all parts healthy. Having a healthy body just makes you feel good! This great energy then manifests it way into other parts of your life, such as your mindset, attitude, and relationships.


What’s the challenge? Well, my fitness studio is hosting a 21-day challenge for members to tackle their fitness goals. The 21 day end date coincides with Valentine’s Day, so there’s that incentive too for those interested in that aspect, lol.  The official winner will be the one with the greatest total body transformation, though everyone who does this and makes strides on their fitness journey IS a winner. While I was already on this journey to do this anyway, I think 3 weeks of competition (with myself--because we all know we are our greatest competitor) could be another healthy boost.


So how am I doing this? Well I’m choosing a fitness system where I work out intensely a minimum of 4 days a week, including strength training with a trainer/wellness coach. Burpees aren’t my best friend but I have a feeling I better start showing them love :-) I’m also focusing on nutrition. The lure of junk food is everywhere but there’s no shortage of nutritious AND delicious options out there. I’ll share some of my favorite meals and snacks in future posts but I will say it does take a little research. By research, I mean Google...as in it’s totally doable! The first step in any of this mental and being READY! You can do it!
 
And with that...let the challenge begin!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment